Important Update

The DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon will not take place in 2020. You can learn more below.

Blog

David's Story

0

For anyone that has known David throughout his life, they’d be surprised to know of his goal to run a marathon. David was medically disqualified from wrestling and struggled to find a place to channel his competitive nature. As he started running as an alternative, that competitive nature put him against his biggest competitor: himself. Waking up every morning to compete against the man he was yesterday has inspired him to become a better runner, and is also helping him throughout his medical school endeavors.

 

 

While running for himself satisfies his competitive needs, it has also improved his health. (shown above). David experienced a physical transformation from his running efforts that proved to him, it’s all about your mindset. 

 

David also saw it as an opportunity to do something bigger. David is running in this year’s DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon in honor of his grandmother, Juanita, who passed away from breast cancer. 

 

 “There are some things in life that allow us to stand for more than just ourselves,” said David. “I am running to raise money and awareness for the Susan G. Komen Foundation.” 
 

 


Pushing himself to go further and run harder, David will have the consolation from the support of those who have donated to his cause. The Greater Pennsylvania branch of the Susan G. Komen Foundation services over 53 counties with 75% of the funds raised stay within those communities. The funding allows the support of breast cancer screenings, treatments, and education initiatives, while the remaining 25% supports the national research funds throughout the country.

 

Donate to David’s cause and help him carry on the memory of his grandmother, Juanita. 


0

Comments (0)