|Date:||Sunday, May 4, 2014|
|6:50 AM Wheelchair Participants*|
|7:00 AM Runners|
|Registration Fees**:||$95 October 1, 2013 - November 3, 2013|
|Increases based on EST||$105 November 4, 2013 - November 29, 2013|
|$115 November 30, 2013 - January 6, 2014|
|$125 January 7, 2014 - February 10, 2014|
|$135 February 11, 2014 - March 11, 2014|
|$145 March 12, 2014 - March 31, 2014|
|$155 Race weekend (May 2-3, 2014), if available|
**ActiveWorks charges a modest transaction fee that will appear on the Cart Summary prior to your credit card transaction on the payment page.
Paper/mail-in registrations will not be accepted after January 1, 2014.
The DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon course winds through the wonderfully unique and historic neighborhoods of this beautiful city. Community celebrations, cheering spectators and music throughout the course will welcome runners from all over the world.
Runners will race on the North Shore of Pittsburgh, cross each of the three rivers in Pittsburgh and travel through the South Side, Oakland, Shadyside and Bloomfield neighborhoods – just to name a few. The course runs along the rivers of the City and challenges you on a hill that takes you into the University area of Pittsburgh. The last five miles are downhill as you return into the downtown area.
- USA Track and Field certified course
- Boston qualifier
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, baby joggers, strollers, roller skates and roller blades are not permitted on the course
- Headphones (iPods, mp3 players, CDs, tape walkmans, radios, etc.) are discouraged
- Push rim and hand crank wheelchairs are permitted on the Marathon course ONLY; no wheelchairs are permitted on the Half Marathon course. Wheelchair division participants must adhere to all division criteria and rules. Click here for more information.
- Fluid and medical aid stations are positioned along the course
- Water and Gatorade will be offered at every fluid station
- GU gels will be available at locations along the course
- Salty snacks such as potato chips or pretzels will be available at locations along the course
Course Time Limits
City streets, police offices and support are contracted for specific times and cannot be extended. The following chart indicates road closure times per sector/mile and time limits per mile based on the time available for runners before the roads re-open. Some easy points to remember - all runners must be to the Birmingham Bridge by 10:20 AM and Half Marathoners must be at Mile 12, Forbes Avenue at Jumonville, by 11:00 AM.
If you cannot adhere to the scheduled time/pace per mile listed on the schedule, you will be asked to board a sweep vehicle that will take you to relay shuttle drop off area on Grant Street which is several blocks from the finish line. If you refuse to get on the vehicle, you must move to the sidewalk so traffic can resume. If you choose to continue after the course has reopened, there will be no medical support, fluid stations, or course marshals at intersections, and the course will no longer be marked. Participants after that time will not be guaranteed a time or medal.
- No refunds or deferments of entry fees
- Minimum age for Marathon: 18 on May 4, 2014
- Push rim and hand crank wheelchairs are permitted on the Marathon course ONLY; no wheelchairs are permitted on the Half Marathon course. Click here for more information.
- Paper/mail-in registrations will not be accepted after January 1, 2014
All finishing participants will receive a finishers medal.
Prizes will be awarded for the top three finishers for the Marathon in the following age categories for men and women: 19 & Under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
Clydesdale (Men over 200 pounds) and Athena Divisions (Women over 150 pounds) winners will be awarded in the following categories: Marathon Top 2 Male Over 40, Marathon Top 2 Male Under 40, Marathon Top 2 Female Over 40, Marathon Top 2 Female Under 40
*To be eligible competitors must weigh in at the GNC Live Well Pittsburgh Health and Fitness Expo on Friday, May 2 from 11:00 AM – 8:00 PM or Saturday, May 3 from 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM.
- Age category and Clydesdale/Athena awards are based on chip time not gun time.
- Awards will be mailed once official race results have been submitted. Please allow 3-4 weeks post-race for awards to be mailed out.
- Overall and Master category winners are not eligible for age group awards.
- U.S. and PA are bonus categories and are eligible for overall prize money and age group awards.
Click here to view the 2014 prize purse.