Eight new partnerships join forces with P3R to offer memorable experiences for runners before, during and after the racePITTSBURGH - New and expanded partnerships with top national brands will take the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon to the next level this year and guarantee that race weekend is an unforgettable experience for participants, spectators and volunteers alike. Run by P3R, the weekend of races is one of the fastest growing in the country with more than 35,000 participants expected for this year’s event, May 3-5, 2019.
P3R has joined forces with industry-leading brands that represent the best of the running and fitness world and are committed to providing value to participants throughout their training season. New partnerships this year include Marathon Brewing Company, BEDGEAR, Vivarin, Guardian Home Protection Services, Nuun Hydration, BMW, Blue Buffalo and CGI.
“These partnerships are about much more than placing a name in front of an event or program; they allow us to provide every runner, spectator and volunteer with a world-class event experience,” said Troy Schooley, P3R Senior Vice President of Sales and Partnerships. “We see every company we work with as a partner, and we strive to make all of their relationships with our runners beneficial and meaningful.”
- Marathon Brewing Company, a new brand from The Boston Beer Company, will offer the new 26.2 Brew during race weekend at the GNC Live Well Health and Fitness Expo and Marathon Brewing Beer Tent within the Finish Line Festival. The golden, hazy ale will offer athletes a reward for their hard work that tastes as satisfying as their accomplishments feel.
- BEDGEAR, one of the nation’s leading Performance® bedding brands, will feature the “Build Your Launchpad” M3 wall at the GNC Live Well Health and Fitness Expo. A runner can enter a futuristic semi-enclosed pod, which takes the user on a journey to discover his or her personalized fit, eliminating comfort compromise. Click here for more information about their partnership and newest mattress.
- Vivarin, the makers of one of the nation’s leading caffeine gum brands, has signed on as the Official Caffeine Gum of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon.
- Guardian Home Protection Services, the nation's largest privately-held security company, has signed on as the Official Smart Home Security Partner and will sponsor the Family Reunion Zone. Plus, they will feature the Guardian KidsID program at the Finish Line Festival throughout race weekend. Through this program, Guardian spreads the word about the importance of child safety and provides parents the tools to help keep their children safe.
- Nuun Hydration, the #1 selling sports drink product in the running, cycling and outdoor specialty marketplaces, will serve as the Official Hydration Partner. Nuun will provide their new Endurance sports drink optimized for longer distance endurance events at all fluid stations along the course.
- BMW, one of the nation’s leading brands of luxury performance vehicles, has chosen Pittsburgh to expand their global endurance partnership portfolio and will serve as the Official Vehicle Partner. Highlighted by the BMW i8 E-Copper and BMW M850i, the Official Pace Vehicles will lead runners through the 26.2 mile course.
- Blue Buffalo, the nation's leading natural pet food company, has signed on as the title partner of the Pittsburgh Pet Walk.
- CGI, one of the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world, has signed on as an Official Partner of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon and the Pittsburgh Campus Challenge.
In addition to these eight companies, existing partners PNC Bank, Honey Stinger, Chick-fil-A, Wigle Whiskey and Walnut Grill have expanded their activations by adding new race weekend experiences for participants.
- PNC Bank, one the of the top 10 largest banks in the U.S. and based in Pittsburgh, has created the first ever Official Spotify Playlist for the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon and P3R. Plus, the PNC Mobile Banking Unit to the Finish Line Festival so runners can get cash after they cross the Finish Line.
- Honey Stinger is the Official Energy Gel of the Pittsburgh Marathon and will provide on-course energy gels and chews during the Marathon and Half Marathon. Their organic products will also be available at all P3R events throughout the year.
- Chick-fil-A Pittsburgh is the new title partner of the Pittsburgh Kids Marathon, one of the country’s largest youth races. This group of local franchisees is devoted to serving local Pittsburgh communities.
- Wigle Whiskey, an award-winning small batch whiskey distillery based in Pittsburgh, will offer Runner of Steel Bourbon, which honors “the amazing people who participate in the Pittsburgh Marathon every year in May.” The distillery also will once again host a Marathon After Party. All runners with a bib will get a free Bloody Mary! Click here to RSVP.
- Walnut Grill, a full-service restaurant with four locations in Pittsburgh, will cater this year’s VIP spectator box.
These partners join P3R’s robust portfolio of partners that includes DICK’S Sporting Goods, UPMC Health Plan, FedEx Ground, Brooks Running and more that are committed to making race weekend a success. For a full list of partners, click here.
"Our events would not be possible without all of our partners working directly with us to not only create the best experience possible on race day, but also to help us keep registration prices reasonable so that everyone can participate,” Schooley said.
For more information about the 2019 DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon, visit: ThePittsburghMarathon.com
About the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon weekend of events
The Pittsburgh Marathon was held annually from 1985-2003. After a five-year hiatus, the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon was relaunched in 2009 and debuted with a sold-out field of 10,000 participants. It has grown each year since, evolving from a single race day into a weekend of events for the whole family that annually attracts nearly 40,000 runners. The event will host the USATF Half Marathon Championships for the second year in a row in 2019. Read more at ThePittsburghMarathon.com.
About P3R (Pittsburgh Three Rivers Marathon, Inc.)
P3R is a nonprofit organization that is passionate about promoting a love of running and enhancing community access to health & fitness education and activities. Best known for organizing the acclaimed annual DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon, we also run a variety of other high-quality races, events, and health and fitness programs throughout the Pittsburgh region. While many of our races attract some of the nation’s highest-profile professional athletes, we offer activities for all ages and ability levels. The only criterion for participation is a desire to be happy, healthy and active! Read more at P3R.org.