Everything you need to know about parking on race weekend. Take some extra time and plan out your parking for race weekend.
Expo/Packet Pickup Parking
Many Downtown parking lots and garages are conveniently located near the GNC Live Well Pittsburgh Health and Fitness Expo. For directions to the Convention Center, public transportation and parking information, click here.
Saturday Race Day Parking
UPMC Health Plan/UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh 5K Run Parking
The UPMC Health Plan/UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh 5K Run start line is located on West General Robinson Street near Mazeroski Way.
- The course travels from the North Shore, into the North Side and then finishes downtown on Boulevard of the Allies.
- When making your parking plan, please be aware of the road closures that will take place in both areas that morning;
- West General Robinson Street will close at 5:00 AM and the entire course will close at 7:30 AM.
- Plan to arrive early to avoid the road closures and congestion in the Downtown and North Shore area that morning.
- Many of the North Shore lots and garages will be open for participants on Saturday morning.
Chick-fil-A Pittsburgh Kids Marathon Parking
The Chick-fil-A Pittsburgh Kids Marathon start line will be on West General Robinson Street between Mazeroski Way and Federal Street.
- When making your parking plan please be aware that the course which travels through the North Side and into Downtown will be closed from 7:30 AM to 9:30 AM for the UPMC Health Plan/UPMC Sports Medicine Pittsburgh 5K Run.
- The Chick-fil-A Pittsburgh Kids Marathon course will be closed starting at 7:30 AM since it travels along the last mile of the 5K course.
For a map of the available downtown lots and garages, use the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership's PARK PGH interactive parking map.
The available NORTH SHORE garages and lots on Saturday are:
- Gold Lot 1 – 6:00 AM
- Gold Lot 2 – 6:00 AM
- W. General Robinson Garage – 5:30 AM (CASH ONLY)
Sunday Race Day Parking
Both the start line and finish line are located in the Downtown area, it is very important that all participants:
- Plan to arrive at least two hours prior to the start of the race.
- Although there is an abundance of parking available Downtown, due to the amount of road closures and congestion on Sunday morning, arriving early will help increase the chances of finding available parking.
- *There will be no shuttles to take participants to and from parking garages or lots before or after the race.
Accessibility in Downtown
Be aware that Liberty Avenue from 10th Street to Commonwealth Place, and Stanwix Street from Penn Avenue to Boulevard of the Allies will be closed starting at 11:30 PM on Saturday, May 4. Please view our road closure information to be fully prepared for traveling in Downtown on Sunday morning, May 5.
For a map of the available downtown lots, use the Pittsburgh Downtown Partnership's PARK PGH interactive parking map.
For NORTH SHORE parking, please be sure to arrive early to account for new course road closures beginning at 6:00 AM.
Available NORTH SHORE garages and lots on Sunday are:
- Gold Lot 1 – 4:00 AM
- Gold Lot 2 – 4:00 AM
- W. General Robinson Garage – 4:00 AM (CASH ONLY)
- North Shore Garage – 4:00 AM
- Red Lots 7 A, B, & C – 4:00 AM (Lots 7B & C - CASH ONLY)