|Date:||Sunday, May 4, 2014|
|7:00 AM Runners|
|Registration Fees*:||$85 October 1, 2013 - November 3, 2013|
|Increases based on EST||$95 November 4, 2013 - November 29, 2013|
|$105 November 30, 2013 - January 6, 2014|
|$115 January 7, 2014 - February 10, 2014|
|$125 February 11, 2014 - March 11, 2014|
|$135 March 12, 2014 - March 31, 2014|
|$145 Race weekend (May 2-3, 2014), if available|
*ActiveWorks charges a modest transaction fee that will appear on the Cart Summary prior to your credit card transaction on the payment page.
Paper/mail-in registrations will not be accepted after January 1, 2014.
The UPMC Health Plan Pittsburgh Half Marathon course offers runners an exciting course which crosses Pittsburgh's three rivers. This course is surprisingly flat and fast!
Runners will race on the North Shore of Pittsburgh, cross each of the three rivers in Pittsburgh and travel through the South Side before and into the streets of downtown Pittsburgh to the finish line.
- USA Track and Field certified course
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, baby joggers, strollers, roller skates and roller blades are not permitted on the course
- Headphones (iPods, mp3 players, CDs, tape walkmans, radios, etc.) are discouraged
- There is no wheelchair division for the Half Marathon; push rim and hand crank wheelchairs are permitted on the Marathon course ONLY. Click here for more information.
- Fluid and medical aid stations are positioned along the course
- Water and Gatorade will be offered at every fluid station
Course Time Limit
City streets, police offices and support are contracted for specific times and cannot be extended. The following chart indicates road closure times per sector/mile and time limits per mile based on the time available for runners before the roads re-open. Some easy points to remember - all runners must be to the Birmingham Bridge by 10:20 AM and Half Marathoners must be at Mile 12, Forbes Avenue at Jumonville, by 11:00 AM.
If you cannot adhere to the scheduled time/pace per mile listed on the schedule, you will be asked to board a sweep vehicle that will take you to relay shuttle drop off area on Grant Street which is several blocks from the finish line. If you refuse to get on the vehicle, you must move to the sidewalk so traffic can resume. If you choose to continue after the course has reopened, there will be no medical support, fluid stations, or course marshals at intersections, and the course will no longer be marked. Participants after that time will not be guaranteed a time or medal.
- No refunds or deferments of entry fees
- Minimum age for Half Marathon: 16 on May 4, 2014.
- There is no wheelchair division for the Half Marathon; push rim and hand crank wheelchairs are permitted on the Marathon course ONLY. Click here for more information..
- Paper/mail-in registrations will not be accepted after January 1, 2014.
All finishing participants will receive a finishers medal.
Prizes will be awarded for the top three finishers for the Half Marathon in the following age categories for men and women: 19 & Under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70+
- Age category awards are based on chip time not gun time.
- Age category awards will be mailed once official race results have been submitted. Please allow 3-4 weeks post-race for awards to be mailed out.
- Overall and Master category winners are not eligible for age group awards.
- U.S. and PA are bonus categories and are eligible for overall prize money and age group awards.
Click here to view the 2014 prize purse.