|Date:||Sunday, May 4, 2014|
|Time:||7:00 AM Runners|
|Registration Fees*:||$265 October 1, 2013 - November 3, 2013|
|Increases based on EST||$285 November 4, 2013 - February 10, 2014|
|$305 February 11, 2014 - March 11, 2014|
|$325 March 12, 2014 - March 31, 2014|
|$350 Race weekend (May 2-3, 2014), if available|
Please note that all relay team members must be registered on a team before online registration closes on March 31, 2014. Any individual team member not registered by March 31, 2014 will incur a $50.00 fee to be added to a relay team race weekend at the GNC Live Well Pittsburgh Health and Fitness Expo.
*ActiveWorks charges a modest transaction fee that will appear on the Cart Summary prior to your credit card transaction on the payment page.
Paper/mail-in registrations will not be accepted after January 1, 2014.
NEW TEAM CAPTAIN REGISTRATION PROCESS
Click here to view a map of the FedEx Ground Pittsburgh Marathon Relay course.
The FedEx Ground Pittsburgh Marathon Relay course winds through 13 wonderfully unique and historic neighborhoods of this beautiful city. Community celebrations, cheering spectators and music throughout the course will welcome runners from all over the world.
Runners will race on the North Shore of Pittsburgh, cross each of the three rivers in Pittsburgh and travel through the South Side, Oakland, Shadyside and Bloomfield neighborhoods – just to name a few. The course runs along the rivers of the City and challenges you on a hill that takes you into the University area of Pittsburgh. The last five miles are downhill as you return into the downtown area.
|Leg||From||To||Relay Exchange Location||Distance|
|1||Start Line||Exchange 1||Ridge Avenue and Merchant Street||5.5 miles|
|2||Exchange 1||Exchange 2||Carson Street at Smithfield Street Bridge||3.5 miles|
|3||Exchange 2||Exchange 3||5th Avenue and Beechwood Boulevard||6.4 miles|
|4||Exchange 3||Exchange 4||Baum Boulevard at S. Graham Street||6.1 miles|
|5||Exchange 4||Finish Line||Boulevard of the Allies||4.7 miles|
- USA Track and Field certified course
- Boston qualifier
- Bicycles, skateboards, scooters, baby joggers, strollers, roller skates and roller blades are not permitted on the course
- Headphones (iPods, mp3 players, CDs, tape walkmans, radios, etc.) are discouraged
- Fluid and medical aid stations are positioned along the course
- Water and Gatorade will be offered at every fluid station
- GU gels will be available at locations along the course
- Salty snacks such as potato chips or pretzels will be available at locations along the course
Course Time Limit
City streets, police offices and support are contracted for specific times and cannot be extended. The following chart indicates road closure times per sector/mile and time limits per mile based on the time available for runners before the roads re-open. Some easy points to remember - all runners must be to the Birmingham Bridge by 10:20 AM and Half Marathoners must be at Mile 12, Forbes Avenue at Jumonville, by 11:00 AM.
If you cannot adhere to the scheduled time/pace per mile listed on the schedule, you will be asked to board a sweep vehicle that will take you to relay shuttle drop off area on Grant Street which is several blocks from the finish line. If you refuse to get on the vehicle, you must move to the sidewalk so traffic can resume. If you choose to continue after the course has reopened, there will be no medical support, fluid stations, or course marshals at intersections, and the course will no longer be marked. Participants after that time will not be guaranteed a time or medal.
Relay Exchange Process
The FedEx Ground Pittsburgh Marathon Relay course is the same as the Dick’s Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon course. The 2-5 person relay offers a distance for everyone, regardless of their fitness level.
Each relay participant is encouraged to read the FedEx Ground Pittsburgh Marathon Relay Handbook, which explains the relay process from picking up race numbers at the GNC Live Well Pittsburgh Health and Fitness Expo to reaching the finish line at the Relay Exchange Zone.
Travel to Relay Exchanges
Because of race day traffic and road closures, it is recommended most FedEx Ground Pittsburgh Marathon Relay participants walk to exchange zones one and two from the Downtown area. Shuttle buses will be available on race day for exchange zones three and four ONLY.
- No refunds or deferments of entry fees
- Minimum age for Marathon Relay: 14 on May 4, 2014
- Marathon relay team captain must pay entire registration fee when registering the team.
- Paper/mail-in registrations will not be accepted after January 1, 2014
All finishing participants will receive a finishers medal.
The 2014 prize purse information coming soon! Click here to view the 2013 prize purse.
- Cash awards are based on gun time not chip time.
- Runners can only win awards and/or cash prizes for the event they are officially registered in.
- An athlete can be awarded prize money in only one category.
- Overall and Master category winners are not eligible for age group awards.