Live Phone Tracking, GPS Progress Alerts and Cheers! Make sure you download the RaceJoy mobile app for Live RunnerTracking at the DICK'S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon.
Key RaceJoy features include:
GPS Progress Alerts
- Receive continual progress updates as you complete the course!
- Audio updates are typically sent at every mile and include pace elapsed time, and estimated finish time.
- Option to have progress posted real-time to your Facebook and Twitter walls.
Live GPS Tracking
- Supporting spectators can track you live in a map view as your progress along the course. You can track track others as well.
- NearMe alerts let spectators know you are drawing near.
- Find each other using the MeetUp tool.
- Receive fun, motivational audio cheers from your supporting fans.
- Send custom cheers with RaceJoy’s new Text-to-Cheer.
- Start sending cheers to others doing the race at any time!
These interactive race day features are being provided by the race at no charge to you.
for live tracking how-to instructions and our battery preservation tips
Check out the video below to learn more about the app and the features available to you during this race:
RaceJoy Overview Video
Share RaceJoy with your friends and family and ask them to sign in as a spectator. If you carry your phone, they can track you live from home or at the race site.
Track Me How-to
- Find Race: Click Featured Races to access the Pittsburgh Marathon under Pennsylvania.
- Set Up Tracking: Click PhoneTrakand follow the prompts carefully.
- Carry Your Phone: Participants must carry their claimed device during the race.
- Start Your Tracking: Click the green blinking Track Me button on race day. This appears 30 minutes prior to the race starting.
- Click START MY RACE as you cross the START LINE (optional): This begins your personal race time and increases accuracy of your progress updates. If you do not click Start My Race at the start line, your race time will begin at Mile One.
- Replay Race Day in Buzz: Click Buzz to review your alerts and replay cheers!
Note: You must access RaceJoy on race day to activate GPS tracking. Tracking is turned on 30 minutes prior to the race start. Warning: Do NOT use Wi-Fi on race day. This will cause tracking to disengage.
Track Others How-To
1. Add participants to your participants list:
- Click on the icon on the upper corner of your screen and search for your participant.
2. Track them in a map view:
- Apple Users: click the feet icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Android Users: click the Track button at the top menu bar.
3. Trackthem with GPS-based progress alerts:
- You will automatically receive these once you've added people to your participant list
- Click Buzz and then Progress Alerts to view alerts received.
- The number of alerts vary by race and are typically sent out at every mile.
- Make sure you have your Notifications ON and your volume up to receive alerts.
No Guarantee: RaceJoy is bringing together multiple technologies to deliver advanced tracking and interactive experiences during the race. There are many variables that affect RaceJoy's ability to function properly and there is no guarantee RaceJoy will function for a given user. Factors that may affect RaceJoy include older phone models, improper phone set up, weak cell signals in a given region, participant'suse of Wi-Fi, unexpected course changes, etc. If you experience any issues, please contact us at email@example.com.
Team Set Up:
- All need to click "I Want to Be Tracked" upon initial set up. Login as yourself. Follow the prompts.
- Select "Relay Course" option in course selection section.
- Sign up with team or add team to list, if not shown.
Progress Alerts –For team progress updates, each team member clicks their own ”Start My Leg” button when they start their leg. If you do not click the Start My Leg Button, you will not get progress alerts, but will still be able t